Samsung Electronics America, Inc. today announced a new addition to the Galaxy tablet portfolio, the Galaxy Tab A (8.0’’), an everyday, versatile tablet designed for the entire family. Available from November 1, the Galaxy Tab A features a refined design with a sleek metal frame and smooth rounded edges that’s comfortable to hold. It offers long-lasting battery, a beautiful display that looks good in any light, and increased onboard memory with expandable storage.
“At Samsung, we constantly work to deliver meaningful innovation that delights our customers and meets their unique needs,” said Alanna Cotton, vice president and general manager of product marketing at Samsung Electronics America. “The Galaxy Tab A is designed for parents and kids. It’s the tablet that’s just as easy to take on the go or curl up with on the couch, with long-lasting battery life to get the whole family through the day.”
Enhanced Performance for Everyday Use
To improve everyday usability and performance, the Galaxy Tab A is equipped with a bright and immersive display, so you can watch your favorite shows, play games and browse the web on an immersive screen that looks good even in bright sunlight. It also has an optional blue light filter to balance the brightness and reduce eye strain, making it easier to see content at night and in dim lighting settings.
In addition, the long-lasting battery (5,000mAh) of the Galaxy Tab A lets you power through movies, play games, write emails and more from a single charge that lasts up to 14 hours. With 32GB of built-in storage and expandable memory (up to 256GB2), the Galaxy Tab A allows you keep more of your apps and content whether at-home or on-the-go.
More Content to Keep the Whole Family Entertained
To keep the whole family entertained, the Galaxy Tab A comes with an expansive offering of media and kids content services:
– Kids Mode features exciting games, videos, and content from partners, including 5,000 exclusive game and videos titles from The LEGO Group. Customers will also have access to Value Pack options, allowing them to download highly popular apps like LEGO® Batman: Beyond Gotham, LEGO® NINJAGO: Shadow of Ronin, Toca Hair Salon 3 and BRIO World – Railway at no cost.
– Samsung Kids is an award-winning, all-in-one subscription service featuring the best educational games, books, and movies and TV shows for children 3 to 8 years old. $100 of premium games, books, movies and TV shows are included with the purchase of the tablet.
– Optimized for gameplay with Game Launcher, which provides an enhanced user interface and personalized gaming experience with more gaming tools, and a Call and Notification Prevention Mode, continue to play your games without interruption on the Galaxy Tab A.
– Galaxy Tab A provides entertainment for the whole family. Buyers will receive three free months of YouTube Red at purchase, giving you an uninterrupted viewing experience free of commercials and advertisements, Offline Mode capabilities to watch and download video, and access to exclusive content like YouTube Red Original movies and series.
– With Parental Controls, parents can also set limits on usage and customize available content to create a fun and safe environment for younger users.
Just in time for the holiday season, the Galaxy Tab A (8.0”) will be available for purchase online at Samsung.com beginning November 1 starting at $229.99 in two different color options – Black and Silver.